Sunday, May 17, 2009

DAY 4

Interesting lesson today. It was one that I already knew, but I was able to see the scope of it today: viral marketing. Viral marketing is growing huge. Two of our films are starring major actors who have specific characters that they are known for: Rupert Grint who plays Ron Weasley in the Harry Potter series, and Robert Pattinson who is in both Harry Potter and Twilight. This is good in that they are established actors and have well known names, however, many distributers are not willing to risk the film because they think fans won't want to see them in another character.

This is an excellent example of when viral marketing and publicity is huge, it's like word of mouth on steroids. The fans can talk it up, write petitions, and even advertise trailors and promos for it themselves! This is the type of phenomenon that is taking place for the films we are representing. Kirsten and I printed a bunch of these websites, petitions, and fan bases to show to Clay's clients. I also searched through the market books to find articles on the importance of Internet advertising and promotion for him to show to clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment