Sunday, May 17, 2009

DAY 3

I love walking from booth to booth and seeing the ways they set up their stands and are promoting the product. I can't get enough of the promo material, some of it is put together in such a creative way! I love picking them up and getting new ideas. After my desktop publishing class last semester, the layout, theme, and design of all of the material is much more interesting to me, and I notice a lot of the lessons I learned coming into play as I look at the material being sent out. For example, simple definitely is best. Some of the fliers and materials were so busy that I couldn't even stand to look at it, and it seemed that buyers felt the same.

Today we also started the ordering of tickets for Clay and Robbie. It's interesting to see how your status really does take you pretty far in this business. You can work your way up to free tickets to any premier or party if you know the right people, or, in this case, literally score enough points.

We also scheduled more appointments, handled reservations, stocked screeners, and got to oversee market screenings for our company's films; for this, we counted the number of people coming into the screening, collected cards, and made sure everything went smoothly technically.

When I got home that night, I had about 5 minutes to rest from the 11 hour day before calling Fearless Records in California to interview for a summer internship. Man, the road to real life is not an easy one!

No comments:

Post a Comment